Monday, March 13, 2006

Getting Over Star Fucking

On my 26th birthday, I dined on tapas and swigged sangria with a bunch of friends. Around 1am, Jonathan and I ended up at Cipriani Downtown, canoodling over chocolate torte. At the next table sat George Clooney, who was totally checking me out. Fuck it, he was making love to me with his eyes. Either that, or he was leering at the torte. Anyway, I've been swoony for Clooney ever since-- rakish, smoldering, swarthy, suave, playful George.







Today, however, came the awful truth. GC is a horrible, horrible writer! Even genuine passion cannot excuse writing like this:

But turn away from saying "I'm a liberal" and it's like you're turning away from saying that blacks should be allowed to sit in the front of the bus, that women should be able to vote and get paid the same as a man, that McCarthy was wrong, that Vietnam was a mistake. And that Saddam Hussein had no ties to al-Qaeda and had nothing to do with 9/11.

What's a girl to do?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stick with her boyfriend

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home