Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Vast Left-Wing, Islamo-Pacifist Conspiracy

Recently published on the Atlasphere:

"...September 11 electrified the Left. More than a decade after the fall of the Berlin Wall, there was once again someone whose thinking about the West and capitalism agreed with its own. Most importantly, Islamists possessed the will and capability to destabilize or perhaps even bring down the object of their hate.

"Sensing the opportunity, the Left immediately sprang to action. The first order of business was to dampen the retaliatory wrath of the United States. The effort was already underway on September 12 when a missive appeared on a popular leftist website urging restraint in responding to the attack.

"Since then the Left has done everything it could to undermine our efforts in the War on Terror. Because of its crucial importance, opposition to the American military is once again their rallying cry. Portraying it as an instrument of domination and our troops as reprobates, they try to discredit it in the public’s eyes. Complaining of its bad image, they themselves do all they can to blacken it. "

How did I happen upon this fount of wisdom and vitriol, you ask? Well, Jonathan bought me a copy of "Atlas Shrugged" for my birthday, and at his request I read most of it. I never finished it--- Dagny's superhuman efficiency and productivity was starting to make me feel worthless-- and Googled it to see what happens at the end. (Sorry, J.) What I found was the Atlasphere, a community of Ayn Rand admirers. The site publishes libertarian-esque opinion pieces, but more interestingly, has an internet dating feature!!!

I registered immediately. In the few days since, I've already received a smile from a fellow traveler-- one "AJ Saraf" from Houston, Tex. I won't smile back, of course, becasue I already have a libertarian lover to deal with. Sorry, AJ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home