Friday, April 07, 2006

Much Adoing

When I read a headline that says, "Cheney's Aide Says Bush Approved Leak," my spirits lift.

They promptly sink when I learn that said leak was unrelated to covert CIA agents. It was just more (dis)information about Iraq's search for nuclear materials, stuff that was declassified a week later. What a tease!

I can't see what the big deal is here. Sure, "authorized leak" is an oxymoron, but every president has done it. We've known for a while that the Bush administration is particularly effective at turning the media into its mouthpiece. I understand, too, that President Bush has castigated leakers in the past, and that this exposes him as a hypocrite. But hypocrisy is the least of his sins!

Am I missing something here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home